BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Don't Stop Now, Boston!

   I was going to start this blog off by stating, The Boston Bruins are probably the only Boston team playing at their best. Fortunately the Celtics bounced back from their Game 1 loss to the Cavs by winning Game 2, and the Red Sox after being swept by *GULP* the Baltimore Orioles, have won three in a row against the LA Angels.
    Currently Boston is the hottest sports city, no pun intended. I haven't watched any of the Bruins games, but I might make an exception if they make it into the next round. Especially since it would most likely be the Penguins we'd face, and who wouldn't want to see the Cooke vs. Savard matchup.

   The Celtics, I feel, can defeat Cleveland. I'll tell you, Lebron's elbow injury is definitely acting up, and helping out our cause. Don't you love when the C's were destroying Cleveland going up by 25, the TNT anchormen were talking about Lebron's bum elbow, but once the Cavs started to make a run back at the Celtics all elbow talk wasn't brought up anymore. The media loves Lebron too much, excuses excuses. The key to winning this series is Rajon Rondo keeping up his intensity, the Big Three producing, and SHEED producing off the bench. After this series is over, it won't get easier. Most likely be playing the Orlando Magic, who are in my eyes, the best team in the East even though Cleveland is the one seed. Then after that, it'd be a rematch of the 08 finals facing Kobe and the Lakers. It won't be easy, but I think the Celtics are capable of it. The West has it so easy. I'm jealous. Almost as jealous as I am of the American League West in baseball. 3 games separate the whole division, and Oakland is leading the division with a record of one game over .500. Yeah. We have to be stuck with the two best teams in baseball right now in the East.

This 3 game winning streak is much needed. Today was Cinco De Nomar Day! He was joined on the field with old teammates like, Lou Merloni, Brian Daubach!?(I thought he fell off the earth), and Trot Nixon. Trot's appearance threw Fenway into a frenzy, where a lot of the reporters made note that he got a bigger ovation than Nomar. I think he got a bigger ovation since it was more of a surprise that he was even there. Good for Nomar, he'll long be remembered as a top Red Sox shortstop, and I'll never take back the "Nomah's Betta" chants, echoing when Jeter would step up to bat. Another man I'd like to discuss is David, prone to prove himself as "Big Papi", Ortiz. Look I know everyone has just about had it with this guy. In Tuesday's game, he went 0-4, with 2 Ks and 2 Ground Into Double Plays. One double play came into play when the bases were loaded with 0 outs, and it was his perfect opportunity to come through. Pedroia defended Big Papi after the game, talking about a NESN.com poll that asks what to do about David Ortiz:


"David's fine, it could've been me that hit into a double play. He's had like sixty at bats..I mean a couple of years ago I had sixty at bats and I was batting .170, everyone wanted to kill me too. And then what happened? Laser Show." "I'm gonna go online and vote on NESN.com, Papi's fine. Thanks for playing." -Dustin Pedroia


Class act from Pedroia defending teammate. You can't forget the legacy Big Papi built from his time here in Boston in 2003, then putting the team on his back to give us our first World Series win in 86 years. Papi proved himself tonight getting a base hit and a homerun over the monster. I guess we have to be more patient with him. My look on this: If the team is winning and Papi's struggling, I can be patient. If the team is on a losing streak, David is going to be one of the first I point my finger to. I love the guy, but his time here in Boston is starting to tick away. Someone asked, "Is the reasoning to the delay of releasing Ortiz due to the fear of him landing in pinstripes?" Red Sox reporter, Peter Abram answered "I'm pretty sure they'd drive him there."

How about the pitching? It has been rock solid. Lester, Bucholtz, Lackey, Beckett, eh Dice K could improve, but we're forming into an ace pitching staff.

And how about Adrian Beltre's two homeruns this series. Did I tell you? His homeruns are bomb shots. They're hit into outer space, because he crushes them. He's producing big time in the lineup.

Ellsbury and Cameron are making their way back soon, that's only going to help the team.

Going for the 4 game sweep tomorrow. Like I said, don't stop what you're doing Boston. The sports teams are on fire!

Next stop, FIRST PLACE? okay, I might be pushing it with that one.

Have a good week guys. Go Sox. Go Celtics. and Gooooooooooo..Bruins

0 comments: