BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

All Star Weekend/Trade Rumors/Spring Training Underway

         So usually an NBA All Star game is ridiculously boring. I mean, by the 3rd Quarter the points are already in the 90's. Quoted by my dad "there's no point in watching a full basketball game, the only part that matters is the last 5 minutes." And I agree. It goes back and forth all game, but 4th quarter, that's when the true character of the players stand out. Either you're clutch like Kobe, or you die out at the end.
But this years All Star game actually came down to the end. In 2009, the score was 140 to like 115..I mean come on, that's torture for a game that's FOR the fans to even bare to watch. This years All Star game was decided by 2 points, and a chance for the West to win it with one last shot.

This year Boston Celtic representative, Paul Pierce, won the 3 pt. contest. Atta' boy. And hopefully his luck will rub off on his team and get these guys to start winning again!
But that's about it for what I watched this All Star Weekend. The celebrity challenge, the rookies vs sophomores challenge, the skills challenge, and the dunk contest did not catch my interest.  Congratulations to Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban. They were extremely successful this weekend, also helped set the attendance record. D Wade with MVP. I'm a big D Wade fan and
believe that he should be right beside Lebron and Kobe. Unlike Lebron, he's actually got a ring. Now when I look at the picture, Melo is a hell of a player as well. I feel honored to be able to watch these stars perform every year because they are what makes people like us want to watch sports.

So trade rumors are looming, the deadline is this Thursday. What moves will be made? The Mavericks stacked up big time with the addition of Caron Butler and Brandon Haywood from Washington. McGrady to the Knicks? Tyrus Thomas for Antonio McDyess? The Celtics have been talking with many teams, due to their need at a back up point guard, big man, or someone to replace Ray Allen and his expiring contract. Kirk Heinrich, or most likely Nate Robinson could possibly be on the roster by Thursday. Robinson would bring depth at the point, also his ability to dunk is pretty ridiculous.
Eddie House and Scal would likely be shipped out, which then we'd receive a definite upgrade to backup Rondo. House, I love him for his 3 point shooting specialty, but he couldn't attack the basket. Robinson will definitely bring that plus better defense (which they need) From what I hear, there's no chance they're going to trade Ray. And I'm happy about this. We've got such a dominating front 5, why mess it up now. They'll pull it together. It's time to work on the smaller things, like our bench. I'm watching the Celtics Kings game right now, and already seeing improvement from how they ended the first half of the season. Pretty much anything could've been better than how they ended the first half of the season. It's a new half. It's time to get healthy, and get focused for that playoff spot. They have the tools, now they just need to put it all together and dominate. Unfortunately ever since December they haven't been able to do it. Right now, the Lakers and Cavaliers are claiming their spot for the Finals. And yeah, I'm having trouble saying it, but the Lakers are looking again to repeat right now. If they repeat..damn. Then I'll know how it felt for those fans who had to deal with the Celtics winning year, after year, after year. Look out for the Oklahoma City Thunder though. These guys are a young team, lead by 21 year old Kevin Durant. DURANTULA. He will eventually be the scoring king, since he's already almost at that point 2 years into his career. They were a poor team last year, but so far this year, they are well above .500, and I think they can make some noise later in the season. So keep an eye out for that team.

Red Sox Spring training is under way, and Dice K is already injured. comeonn! But thankfully, he should be good for the start of the season. I take it no World Baseball Classic this year Dice K? I would definitely love to go down to spring training for my spring break one year, I think it'd be a blast.

My next posts should be revolving around spring training and the NBA. I know I'm a bit biased with being from Boston and all. So for the sake of my cousin Jared, I'll try to expand my discussions with more than one team. I'll try my best!

Also new poll on the side, asking what position should be the number one concern for this offseason for the Patriots. (I know I'm being hypocritical since I just said I'd try to not to be biased)

But check that out! And thanks for reading. And if you haven't noticed, I try to get one of these up every wednesday. So spread the word about my stuff if you like it, and i'll keep typing.

Take care!

0 comments: