BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

AFC NFC Championship Game Predictions//Looking In..Attempting To..

Alright alright, I get it, I can't predict a game if it were the Patriots against a 10 year old football squad. But that won't stop me -_- Your best bet is to take what I predict, and assume the opposing team will win .

This past weekend we had 3 blow outs. Completely one sided and completely boring to watch. Then the last game we had my super bowl pick Chargers going up against the Jets. How are the Jets having so much success in the playoffs? I mean they just barely made it in.

I'll give you the answer. Defense. Defense wins championships. The Jets have shut down every full throttle offense and their truest test will be this weekend. But pardon me for getting ahead of myself, let's move to the upcoming games to see who will be traveling down to Miami to play in this years Super Bowl.

As Minnesota crushed the Cowboys, and New Orleans cruised by Arizona, this NFC Championship game is going to be won by defense. Who knows we could see another 51-45 win. Minnesota has a better defense than New Orleans, and if MINs D line can get to Brees, things could be looking good for the Vikings. Drew Brees is electric, and he hums that ball down the field every play. An unexpected burst from Reggie Bush gave New Orleans an additional edge for their playoff run, so will he have a big game again? But on the other side you have Adrian Peterson. The non human. The beast. The one who throws defenders to the ground (example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_62tLlpZU ) Favre now 40 years old going into an NFC Championship game..how much more can this guy shock people. I mean he's been the talk of the NFL every single week and he's had an extremely superb season. He has created Sidney Rice and Percey Harvin into great receivers. These games are so hard to predict but:


MIN: 24
NO: 28


Now it's time for either the Jets to continue their underdog run, or Indianapolis to continue domination. I gotta give it up to Rex Ryan for taking over, and creating this Jets defense into the best in the league. He has definitely talked the talk and walked the walk. so far. They're coming into face Mr. Peyton Manning. Now the matchup to watch for is obviously Manning against Darrelle Revis. You know youre not going to get a ton out of Mark Sanchez and they're offense, so to beat the Jets youre going to have to score points. I had faith in the Chargers last week for outscoring the Jets, but something with the opposing field goal kicker against these guys makes them miss. (Graham, Kaeding) But like i said in the last blog, Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning, he will outsmart you and come through with the win. This is also a very difficult game to predict. Honestly it could go either way. Jets Defense will execute, but Colts offense will have the edge over the Jets.


NYJ: 14
IND: 21


I don't know who i dislike more, the Jets or the Colts. I mean the Jets make games interesting..either way its a lose lose situation. whoever wins. GO NFC!


If the Jets defeat Indy, they should be winning the Super Bowl. What a year it would be for New York.


So yeah to all of my millions of readers, drop a reply to this blog on my Twitter @Jerm_Weiner lemme know what you're predictions are. I wanna hear.


..comeon, not everyone at once now.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with Minnesota Vikings vs Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. We will see!